Permission: Site Admin and Job Admin
Offer Letter section in the settings tab lets your organization configure specific offer letters to be rolled out to the candidates for respective jobs.
Here’s how you can configure it:
- Go to Offer Letter under the settings tab.
- In the Offer Letter page, go to Placeholders. Here you will see existing placeholders that are pre-loaded in the system.
- In the Offer Letter page, go to the Templates tab. An offer letter template is a docx file which contains your official document header, terms and conditions, offer details and declaration.
Before uploading the template, you’ll need to include placeholders such as candidate’s name, salary, bonus, notice period, etc. At the time of rolling out the offer letter to the hired candidates, these placeholders will automatically pick most of the custom information required for each hire.
- You can choose to define custom fields that you want to include in your offer letter. For each field, you can define a placeholder. This placeholder can then be used in your offer template.
To create a new field, go to Offer Form > Create New. Fill in the description, type (text, multi, number, date, formula) and placeholder name.
- Before uploading the offer template on Skillate, you need to insert all relevant placeholders into the template docx file. You can simply copy the required placeholders from the Placeholder tab and paste it onto the template file.
Note: It is advisable to remove the grammar/spell check underline below each placeholder. You can right-click the placeholders and click ignore all. Alternatively, you can go to File > Options > Proofing > Hide spelling errors.
Note: You can add mathematical formulas while creating a new field. This will help you insert the placeholder in the CTC breakup table and automate your calculations. “Math.round” function is used while calculating the CTC amount.
- Additionally, you can use the if and else function in the offer document to add certain clause if a particular condition is fulfilled.
To know more about inserting mathematical formulas and using the if and else condition, click here.
- Now go to Templates > New Template, enter the Template name and upload the offer template docx file.
To know more about generating the Offer Letter, click here