Permission: Site Admin
Skillate allows organizations to create custom fields that need to be filled at the time of job creation. These fields allow recruiters to capture additional data apart from the default fields, providing an option for the organization to capture the necessary custom data at the time of creating a new job.
For example, apart from fields such as location, department, skills which are captured at the time of creating a new job, your organization may want to capture additional details from the creator of the job such as the reason for replacement, designation, attachment etc.
Here’s how to do it:
- Go to Settings > Custom Fileds > Job Fields. This section lets you create custom fields as per your requirement.
- Click “Create New”. Enter the required fields. Select the type of field from the drop-down menu. It can be single select, multi-select, paragraph, Yes/No etc. A placeholder will be created for every new job field. To save, click “Add”. The new field with its placeholder will be added in the job fields list.
Note: The placeholder generated can be used at multiple places, such as while writing an email, offer letter etc. Also, once the job field is created, you can not deleted it but can disable it.
- To configure the new custom job field, go to Settings > Job Form. This section lets you configure and map the new job field with the job form.
- Click “New Field”. Select the job field you want to map this field to. Field Title is shown at the time of creating a new job, so it is usually more descriptive for the creator of the job. Choose from mandatory, optional or off as to be shown on the job form, click “Add”.
- To see a preview of the all the job custom fields configured in the job form, click “Preview Form”.
- Go to Jobs > +New Job > Start from Scratch. All the custom job fields once configured will be shown while creating a new job.